The top 10 tech ‘fails’ of 2012″ (http://www.cnn.com)
The top 10 tech ‘fails’ of 2012
Behold the top 10 tech “fails” of 2012, with wishes for happier days ahead to all involved.
1) Apple Maps – Landmarks such as the Washington Monument showed up submerged in bodies of water, and big chunks of the globe appeared as roadless wastelands.
2) Facebook’s IPO – Facebook’s stock bottomed out in September, falling below $18.
3) Airtime – “Running a startup is like eating glass,” “You just start to like the taste of your own blood.”
4) Online coupons – “These aren’t your grandma’s coupons!” the digital generation so brashly declared.
5) Nexus Q – Its release date was pushed back and, eventually, Google just gave everybody who pre-ordered a free one.
6) Stop Online Piracy Act – The new law was supposed to be about fighting online piracy. Who’s going to be against that, right?
7) ‘Social discovery’ apps – some users, particularly women, found the apps a little creepy.
8) Color – a photo-sharing mobile app, shut down.
9) Zynga – In October, Zynga announced it was laying off 5% of its employees, shutting down its studio in Boston and proposing the closure of others in Japan and England.
10) Twitter twits – 140-character bursts that brings out the stupid in people.
(Continue reading at http://www.cnn.com)
My Two Cents: Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint of the clouds of doubt, and you never can tell how close you are, it may be nearer when is seems afar. So stick to the fight when your hardest hit. It’s when things seem worst that you shouldn’t quit.